Search Harris County    


Information about Traffic Cases

Methods of Payment

Traffic Citations May Be Paid Online

Only traffic citations that are NOT past due may be paid online.

You must pay fine and costs in full if you choose to pay online.

When paying in person, the court accepts the following:


Money Order, payable to the Justice of the Peace

Cashier's Check, payable to the Justice of the Peace

Credit Card

Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover

Payments made on the web will be acknowledged with a receipt mailed from the court within three (3) business days from the date of posting. The receipt will be mailed to the address of the defendant that is on file in the court.

When paying by mail:

Money Order, payable to the Justice of the Peace

Cashier's Check, payable to the Justice of the Peace

Please do not mail cash.

Note: The court cannot accept credit card payments for the following:

Cash Bonds

Appeal Bonds


Payments by Mail

The court does not accept any personal or business checks for payments of any fines.

More Information about Traffic Cases

General Information

This information is furnished to you to provide basic information relative to the law governing procedures for traffic cases in the Harris County Justice Courts.

The Harris County Justices of the Peace and the Clerks of the Harris County Justice Courts are not allowed to give legal advice. You are urged to review the applicable laws and to consult an attorney of your choice for further information or answers to specific legal questions.

You have the right to a trial by a jury and to be represented by an attorney of your choice, or to represent yourself.

Traffic offenses, generally, are punishable by a fine of not more than $200.00 and all costs of court.

Disclaimer: The law is constantly changing and there may be times when the information on this web site will not be current. This information is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended as legal advice. This information is not a comprehensive treatment of the subject and is not a substitute for advice from an attorney.