Search Harris County    


Bad Check Cases

Methods of Payment

When paying in person, the court accepts the following:

Bank card (debit card)

Credit Card

Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover

When paying by mail:

Cashier's Check, payable to Justice of the Peace (note the Precinct and Place Number)

Money Order, payable to Justice of the Peace (note the Precinct and Place Number)

Please do not mail cash

Note: The court cannot accept credit card payments for the following:

Cash Bonds

Appeal Bonds


Payments by Mail

Please refer to the court in which your case is filed for additional payment methods.

More Information about Bad Check Cases >>


General Information

This information is furnished to you to provide basic information relative to the law governing procedures for bad check cases in the Harris County Justice Courts.

The Harris County Justices of the Peace and the Clerks of the Harris County Justice Courts are not allowed to give legal advice. You are urged to review the applicable laws and to consult an attorney of your choice for further information or answers to specific legal questions.

You have the right to a trial by a jury and to be represented by an attorney of your choice, or to represent yourself.

Disclaimer: The law is constantly changing and there may be times when the information on this web site will not be current. This information is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended as legal advice. This information is not a comprehensive treatment of the subject and is not a substitute for advice from an attorney.